Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- After the announcement of its cancellation, ESA have put a tentative “reimagined” E3 on the books for this year, however it seems they are now looking to E3 2021 as their next major event.
- The current situation involving the pandemic has caused a lot of cancellations and reshuffling of plans this year, which includes the cancellation of E3 2020.
- ESA have now confirmed that E3 2020 will not be an online event, they were exploring the idea when they first announced the offline event was cancelled. Now the plan is to have a dedicated website to feature all publishers and developers as well as promoting these announcements.
- So far no specific dates have been stated. However, another online event has now popped up by IGN, who are planning to hold their own “Summer of Gaming” in early June, which will include partners Bandai Namco, Amazon, Devolver Digital, THQ Nordic and more. This event will feature livestreams and on-demand segments.
- E3 will be back in the future, with plans already announced for E3 2021 which will take place from June 15th to 17th.
For more on this news find it here in E3 2020 Digital Experience Not Happening.
- The developer Visualnoveler has announced they will be releasing an Action-RPG, Eternal Radiance for PC on Steam Early Access on April 14th.
- The Early Access will grant players three story chapters with the estimated play time between 8 to 12 hours. The full game will release on a number of platforms Playstation 4, Switch, and PC with a total of 11 chapters.
- Eternal Radiance is a fast-paced Action-RPG with playstyles that can be customised and upgradeable elements, as well as talent tree.
- The title features a dynamic battle system with a variation of foes to fight. Make your battle plan, use special attacks and destroy you enemies. There’s also plenty to explore with fields, towns and dungeons to discover.
For more on this news find it here in Eternal Radiance An Action-RPG Launches On Steam Early Access On April 14th.
- The latest trailer for upcoming free-to-play title Genshin Impact shows the “Mingxiao Convergence” or lantern rite event quest in the game. The developer miHoYo does warn that that the trailer contains spoilers, so if you don’t want to have any early sneak peeks at the story then be wary.
- Genshin Impact is an action combat title that has a unique party system where you can switch characters in and out for flexible playstyle with up to four in your party at one time.
- From what we’ve seen of the closed beta is off to a good start, if you like the cute art style and plenty of options when it comes to playable characters, then you should keep an eye out for more on this title.
- If you want to know what we thought of the closed beta, be sure to check out our video Genshin Impact Closed Beta Preview – Breath Of The Elements.
- Genshin Impact is expected to release this year on PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, iOS, and Android.
For more on this news find it here in Genshin Impact Latest Trailer Features Lantern Rite.
- While we’re still waiting for the unveiling of the design for the next-generation console Playstation 5, which is set to launch in the holidays of 2020, Sony has decided to show us what the controller will look like.
- They have introduced the DualSense controller this week, which doesn’t look to be a huge departure from the PS4 version, but has some noticeable differences that sets it apart from the last couple of generations, including a more rounded body shape and a larger touchpad button.
- Some new features that have been added include haptic feedback, adaptive triggers on the L2 and R2 triggers.
- the replacement of the “Share” button with a new “Create” button instead. There is an increased battery life and built-in microphone. You may also notice the colour scheme, black and white.
- Sony has also announced that the final version of the controller has now been shipped to developers around the world, meaning they were free to share the look with the public.
- Playstation 5 is set to launch sometime in the holidays of 2020.
For more on this news find it here in PS5 Controller Revealed Called DualSense.
- After winning a number of BAFTA Awards this year for Debut Game, Best Music and Best Narrative, Disco Elysium has also been confirmed to be coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- In an interview with the BBC, developers ZA/UM have confirmed that a Switch port is being developed.
- As for when we can expect the port on Switch? Well according to the interview “it’s going to happen soon”. This adds to further platforms in the works Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions coming this year.
- Disco Elysium is an isometric RPG with plenty of freedom of choice and attempts to stay faithful to tabletop role playing games in a video game setting. The title has turn-based gameplay and is set in an open world, where players can venture through and experience its unique animations.
- If you want to know what we thought of this title be sure to read/watch our Disco Elysium Review: Dark Humor Goes Detective.
For more on this news find it here in Disco Elysium Confirmed To Be Coming To The Nintendo Switch.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Zenimax have released an update from the Studio’s Game Director Matt Firor, sharing a message about the upcoming expansion the Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor.
- In a letter to the ESO community he outlines the changes made to their work setup for the past few weeks, with the Zenimax team now working from home. This has caused a slight delay in the launch of the expansion which will now be releasing one week later than scheduled.
- According to their Twitter this applies to both PC and console versions, with PC usually gaining updates a couple weeks earlier than Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- The PTS will go live with Update 26 and Greymoor on April 20th, but Firor does share they will keep everyone updated if there are any run ins with unexpected problems.
- Greymoor is the next expansion to hit the Elder Scrolls Online, following the Dark Heart of Skyrim. While Greymoor takes place in Skyrim, it is set almost a 1000 years before the events that take place in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Greymoor will feature Western Skyrim such as Solitude and Blackreach, giving 30+ hours of content.
- You can check out all the new additions in our Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor Gameplay Preview & Changes.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor Launch Delayed A Week.
- CD Projekt Red released their financial info for 2019, and looks like The Witcher 3 did amazingly well gaining its second largest year for game sales.
- The latest figures shows that the Witcher 3 picked up quite a few sales in 2019, partly due to port for the Witcher 3 on the Switch which gained 700,000 copies sold and brought cross-save between Switch and PC. This adds to the staggering number of units sold over the Witcher 3’s lifetime surpassing 28 million copies sold, the exact number being 28.3 million.
- CD Projekt Red are working on their next major IP Cyberpunk 2077 another highly anticipate title for 2020, which will be arriving this September. Recently they have shared that after this project wraps up, they’ll be getting on with another Witcher title right a way.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is currently available on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch. If you’re tossing a coin to your Witcher be sure to drop by our Witcher 3 wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Witcher 3 Surpasses 28 Million Copies Sold.
- The upcoming title Godfall developed by Counterplay Games has gotten some new details which were shared in the latest issue of the Official Playstation Magazine UK, which was summarised on the Resetera forums by a user named bob101.
- It confirms that the title will be on Playstation 5, with no plans to release on Playstation 4 or cross-gen. The game is being built to tailor run on the PS5, with it’s CPU and GPU making the gaming experience feel like no other.
- What’s also interesting to note is the combat style has gotten its influence from titles such as Monster Hunter World and Dark Souls. The game encourages “aggressive play” with skill based combat relying on “timing in order to hit max damage”. You will also have a class based system, with different types of armor, 3 sets to choose from. There’s also high customisation to unlock as you progress the game.
- The visual aspects are inspired by fantasy novels The Stormlight Archive, The First Law and Foundation series.
- Gameplay also is designed around a “drop in and drop out” system similar to that of Destiny or Monster Hunter World, but with a heavy Dark Souls influence.
- Godfall will release on PC and will be a PS5 launch title this year 2020. You can check out our Everything We Know About Godfall article for more details.
For more on this news find it here in Godfall To Play On PS5 Like No Other Game, Influenced By Dark Souls And MHW.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: