There’s a national day for basically everything now, but one of the best is easily National Burger Day.
Ok, to be fair there’s a few of these. Hamburger Day, cheeseburger day, double cheeseburger day, the list goes on. But here in Australia, we’re celebrating National Burger Day on Friday the 28th of May.
How does one celebrate Burger Day? By eating a burger, of course! If that’s the only requirement I probably celebrate burger day more often than I should, but nevertheless, I will absolutely be partaking on Friday.
In honour of this delicious occasion, burger joints around the country are slinging epic burger day deals. Here’s a rundown of what you can get and where.
Grill’d’s Burger Day deals come in the form of random acts of kindness, which result in 7000 free burgs around the country.
Every Grill’d store will give back to its customers this Friday by surprising them with free burger gift vouchers.
“Even though we treat every day as National Burger Day, we wanted to mark this Friday as an occasion to celebrate our Grill’d supporters that make it all possible for us. We can’t wait to show our appreciation to our local communities by surprising people with free burgers made with love that we hope will bring joy to our valued customers,” Simon Crowe, founder of Grill’d, said in a statement.
There’s no telling who will score a free burger ticket but Grill’d’s new healthy fried chicken burger is a good enough incentive to check it out on Friday.
Deliveroo is not only celebrating Burger Day on Friday, but will continue the fun right through the weekend.
From Friday 28 May – Sunday 30 May, Deliveroo is slinging 50% off a range of top burgers from restaurants around Australia.
Here’s a list of burger joints participating in Deliveroo’s promotion, and which menu items are 50% off.
- Big Roddy’s Rippin Rib Shack, Fortitude Valley – Cheeseburger
- Brooklyn Depot Express, Hamilton – Brooklyn Classic
- Hashtag Burgers and Waffles – Simple Sally
- Mad Burger, West End – The Original
- Seoul Bistro Sunnybank – Japa Burger
- Fricken Fried Chicken – Fricken Burger
- Grease Monkey – Greasy
- Boss Burger Co. – Waurn Ponds, Leopold – Tommy the Chook
- Burger Inc – Number One Cheeseburger
- Burger Plus – Beef Burger
- Salt & Battered – Tommy’s Cousin
- Burgers on Scarborough – Schnitzel Burger
- Burger’d Ashmore – Royale with Cheese
- Chickery Chick – Schnitzel Works Burger
- Burger Got Soul, Sandy Bay – Soul Deluxe Cheese Burger
- 8 Bit, Footscray 8bit with Cheese
- The B.East – CBD, Brunswick, Collingwood – Classic
- Burgertory – Chapel Street, Footscray, Kensington, Braybrook, Niddrie, Bulleen, Black Rock, Werribee – Joel
- Royal Stacks – Chadstone, Brunswick, Collins Street (CBD) – Single Stack
- Chimek – Southern River, Northbridge, Victoria Park – OG Chicken Burger
- Jus Burgers – Subiaco, Leederville –Wagyu Beef Americano
- RoyAl’s Chicken and Burgers – Vic Park, Wembley, Northbridge – The Stanley
- Bar Luca BL Beef
- BL Burgers – Parramatta, Darlinghurst – BL Beef
- BondiTony’s Burger Joint – Trippin Seahorse
- Inferno Grill, Pyrmont, Maroubra – Lord Of The Fries
- Loaded by BL – Newtown, Ed Square – BL Beef
- Macelleria Bondi – Classico
- Mary’s – Circular Quay, CBD – Mary’s Burger
- Slide N Shake, Neutral Bay, Haymarket, Willoughby – EBB
- His Boy Elroy – Fatboy, includes fries
- Sneaky Burger – Sneaky Classic
Sydney – The Rocks and Darling Harbour deals
For those in Sydney and particularly those around the Darling Harbour area, there are some special burger deals waiting for you.
All weekend from May 28 – 30, restaurants around The Rocks and Darling Harbour are whipping up some interesting burger creations to celebrate Burger Day.
Here’s where and what you can find:
- Baker’s Oven: The Chick-pieeee Burger (complete with a pie as a bun) – $10.50
- The Orient Hotel: Parma Burger – $22.50
- ASLAN Coffee Roasters: Lobster and Eggplant Sambal Balado Burger – $28.50
- MCA Cafe: Charcoal Chorizo Burger: Chorizo patty with a black bun – $18
- The Tap Rooms: Aussie Spiced Lamb Burger – $25
- The Fortune of War: BBQ Meatlovers Burger – $20
- The Rocks Cafe: Pulled Mushroom Burger – $24
- The Fine Food Store: Hickory Smoked Salmon Katsu Burger – $19.50
- Black and White Espresso: Angus Jalapeno Bagel Burger – $18
- Pony Dining: Crispy Duck Burger – $24
- Harajuku Gyoza: Cheeseburger Gyoza – $12
- Cyren Bar Grill Seafood: Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza – $25
- Harbour Bar and Kitchen: American Burger – $25
- Planar: Peri Peri Chicken Burger – $25
- I’m Angus Steakhouse: I’m Angus Wagyu Beef Burger – $25
- Adria Bar Restaurant: Adria Wagyu Beef Burger – $25
- Pontoon Bar: Coastal Classic Traditional Works Burger – $25
- Taste Baguette: Southern Fried Chicken Burger – $18
Burger Patch in Chatswood, Sydney, are offering free standard fries and Jarritos soda with any burger purchase. You can order online or in person.
Milky Lane stores across Sydney (incl Parramatta, Bondi, Cronulla, Terrigal and Gregory Hills) are offering $10 burgers to all dine in customers – just mention Milky Lane’s Instagram promo.
The Mayflower in Darlinghurst is offering free Wagyu Cheeseburgers between 1 pm and 3 pm today for those who follow their page on Instagram.
The Fish Shop at Bondi Beach is slinging some limited edition fishy burgers including a tempura scarlett prawn head roll and a yellow fin tuna cheeseburger from 12 pm to 10 pm.
The delicious burgers over at Betty’s Burgers are going 2-for-1 today on any Betty’s Deluxe, Crispy Chicken Supreme or Classic Vegan purchase. You can order via the Betty’s app between 11 am and 3 pm and pick up at any Betty’s Burger’s location.
Calories don’t count on Burger Day right? Right. So go out and order yourself some tasty treats to celebrate.
This article has been updated with additional information.