Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Celebrating International Women’s Day, developer of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red unveil an updated visual of the female protagonist.
- In a quick tweet, the developer shared a new image of V and the #InternationalWomensDay which shows off a new look at V. In Cyberpunk 2077 players will be able to create and customise their own character, with male and female options in character creation.
- Twitter users also commented that they wanted this image as part of the reversible box art, to which the developer replied that “You’re looking at it :)”, meaning this is one of the cover options for the physical edition. Hopefully this means they’ll add another PS4 theme option as well.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will release on PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 on September 17th 2020.
For more this news find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Celebrates International Women’s Day With A New Image Of V.
Final Fantasy VII Remake
- As we get closer to the release of the Final Fantasy VII Remake next month, Square Enix shares more details and images from the upcoming remake. In their latest post on Twitter, the developer shares a new image of Red XIII along with a description of this character.
- Upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake is a reimagining of the original title and will feature the well-known characters fans got to know in FF7. According to an interview with VG247 and co-director Naoki Hamaguchi, Red XIII won’t be a playable character.
- However, Red XIII will battle alongside you as a guest character that acts as AI, rather than you being able to control it like you can with characters such as Barret or Tifa. This decision was made as Red appears quite late in the story and making him a “full character” this late in the game, would be a bit time conscious for “character development and growth as a character”. So while Red XIII won’t be a fully playable option, at least they will be part of the gang in the remake.
- We got a chance to check out the demo which released free on Playstation 4 last week, and also have an Impressions video if you want to know what our thoughts were on gameplay and even classic mode.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake will release on April 10th on Playstation 4.
For more this news find it here in Final Fantasy VII Remake Red XIII Is Not A Playable Character Plus New Visual Revealed.
- Fallout 76 will be receiving a batch of NPC life come April, introducing human NPCs finally to the online game. In a recent interview at Bethesda Game Days between the Pete Hines and USgamer, Bethesda have exceeded their budget to get NPC dialogue completed.
- The main focus for the Wastelanders expansion also won’t be on PvP, but Hines assures those who enjoy the PvP aspect “won’t be forgotten”. The update is meant to fix the lack human of life, the dialogue choices, factions as well as quest based content.
- Fallout 76 undoubtedly had a rocky start, with receiving a lot of backlash with the bugs and the very empty world that players were presented with. But Bethesda has not simply left the world of Fallout 76 untouched, they have been preparing a number of updates, this includes Wastelanders which will release in April.
For more this news find it here in Fallout 76 Designers Exceed Budget For Wastelanders NPC Dialogue.
Phantasy Star Online 2
- Publisher Sega and developer Online R&D have announced the arrival of an open-beta for one of the biggest online RPGs in Japan, Phantasy Star Online 2. On March 17th, Xbox One players will be able to join the Closed Beta for the free-to-play game.
- The Open Beta Test will take place on March 17 at 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 puts players in the role of a member of ARKS, a task force designed to explore planets and defend the universe against the dangerous Falspawn. Phantasy will allow you to experience a variety of missions with multiplayer and take on battles with Action-RPG combat.
- You can team up with, up to 4 players in a party or explore multiparty areas with up to 12 players. The online game sets to bring a host of customisation with four races to choose from and nine classes to master. You can also equip your character with a choice of weapons and skills, which will transform the way you play.
For more this news find it here in Phantasy Star Online 2 Gets Open Beta Test.
- Nacon and Eko Software have announced that a free character DLC for Warhammer: Chaosbane has been released adding a fifth character to the Action-RPG.
- The latest DLC for Warhammer Chaosbane adds the playable character Keela, who is trying to save the Empire from the grips of the Chaos. This adds a new mission which gives a further two hours of gameplay.
- This latest addition introduces Keela, a dwarf engineer who has the skills in engineering, hydraulics, explosives and alchemy at her disposal. She is qualified in hand-to-hand combat and packs a heavy punch with a warhammer which she has created.
- Her archetype ability unleashes a deadly spray of steam, dealing burn damage to enemies. Letting the steam build up, unleashes a deadly explosion, an AOE that can take out mobs.
- There is also a new location for players to explore, the Forges. This introduces a new storyline that players will need to find out what happened in the events surrounding the Forges and the Empire capital known as Nuln.
- Warhammer Chaosbane is available to play on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One, with the latest character DLC now available for free.
For more this news find it here in Warhammer Chaosbane Free Character DLC Trailer.
- One of the biggest events of the gaming year, E3 2020 was meant to take place this June. But due to overwhelming concerns of the outbreak of the Coronavirus or Covid-19, a number of gaming events have been cancelled. It looks like E3 joins that list as ESA, the organiser of the event expressed in an article by Bloomberg, that they are now “exploring options for an online E3 event this summer.”
- This was the message they gave to partners on March 11th, and an official announcement is was made on their Twitter account confirming the news
- This isn’t the only major event to be taking this stance, GDC was previously cancelled as well. With a number of events now being cancelled/postponed it will be interesting to see what will be happening instead. It makes sense that a digital event will take place, as this would let publishers and developers still be able to share announcements with a mass audience.
- Before this news, there were already a number of attendees confirmed for attending which include Microsoft, Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix and more.
For more on this news find it here in E3 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Concerns; Possible E3 Online Summer Event.
- Developer CD Projekt Red confirms they will be starting work on the next Witcher title once Cyberpunk 2077 has been released.
- In a meeting with company president CEO Adam Kicinski with journalists, developer CD Projekt Red have confirmed their next move is to work on the the next Witcher, only it won’t be called The Witcher 4. This isn’t the first time they have talked about the continuation of the Witcher series, and the developer has explained that since the Witcher 3 was the end of a trilogy, the next game couldn’t fall under that collection of titles.
- What has been shared so far is that it will be a single-player game and that they have “created a relatively clear concept”. The team who are now making preparations for the game are a small team, but its two larger teams are working on network mode and other additional features for Cyberpunk 2077. The project will start “immediately” after Cyberpunk 2077 releases.
- Kincinski also shared that The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077 are two gaming worlds that the developer wishes to continue making games for, meaning future planned titles will be based on The Witcher or Cyberpunk.
For more on this news find it here New Witcher Game To Start Development After Cyberpunk 2077.
Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous
- Developer Owlcat Games announces they have smashed through their original Kickstarter goal for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and surpassed $2 million.
- Owlcat Games started their Kickstarter for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, a game adapted from the legendary tabletop RPG in early February this year, blowing through their original goal of $300,000 within the first 15 hours. The project has now ended surpassing a massive $2 million in backing.
- This also means the developer has completed all the original stretch goals that first has an aim of $915k, but more goals were added as they racked up backing.
- They gained number of additions 20 in fact, which include romance options, new Skald class as well as more featured races.
- Owlcat have announced they will have a new website up and running at the end of the month as well as the first closed alpha testing. They have also unveiled a new alternative visual, representing a player’s character who follows the path of Lich, instead of the Angel’s path.
- But that’s not all, those who want to get their orders in will be able to pre-order later this month.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Kickstarter Surpasses $2 Million.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: