Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- In a recent Twitter post, developer behind previously announced Darkborn, a viking first person RPG which released a gameplay trailer last year, has halted development.
- The developer The Outsiders explain even after spending four years developing the title, the project has been put aside for now, but tease they are working on something new, “something awesome”.
- Darkborn was to follow a twist for usual games where monsters are seen as the enemies, instead players would play from the perspective of a monster being hunted by Vikings, in a fantasy action title.
- While we don’t know exactly what or when will they reveal what they’re working on, it’s good to know that they are working on something new.
For more on this news find it here in Darkborn Development On Hold But Dev Working On Something New.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
- Developer Owlcat Games announces closed alpha is now available to backers for the upcoming CRPG Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the highly anticipated followup to Pathfinder: Kingmaker, and has now been announced to be in alpha testing. Developer Owlcat games has detailed that those who took part in the Kickstarter funding for the campaign will gain access to the alpha.
- If you missed the chance to fund the Kickstarter, but still want to be part of the alpha feedback, you can purchase access for $15, after choosing a tier to contribute to the crowd funding on the game’s official website.
- The alpha test will be available until May 21st, where testers will be able to play through the first two chapters for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, getting a preview of the adventure ahead. Choose from 6 classes, each with their own number of archetypes, plus two prestige classes.
For more on this news, find it here in Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Closed Alpha Testing Now Available.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- After being announced last week, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has gotten some new details this week, alongside a new trailer which premiered during the Inside Xbox event.
- In a recent trailer breakdown on the Ubisoft Youtube channel, the developer shares that Valhalla will cover the four kingdoms, Wessex, Mercia, Northumbria and East Anglia.
- During the Inside Xbox event a new trailer was shown, which was titled “First Look Gameplay Trailer” showing more of the environments, cut scenes and story for Valhalla but doesn’t feature the in-game combat.
- It looks like we will have to wait a little longer to see more of the epic in-game battle and what it looks like for players, but the new trailer does feature some new epic scenes as well as the landmark Stonehenge.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be releasing in the holidays 2020 for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Stadia and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Will Feature Stonehenge And The Four Kingdoms Of England and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gameplay Trailer Released.
- EA Play will still be going ahead this June, but in a digital format which shouldn’t be too surprising now with a number of online events now popping up. While the physical event won’t take place due to the current situation, EA will still be going live with some announcements.
- The online event will take place on June 11th at 4PM PST and teases “World premiers, news and more!” in a recent tweet. This livestream will be happening on the EA official website.
- What exactly is on the books for EA this year? Well we’re hoping to hear more about the previously teased upcoming Dragon Age 4 by Bioware. According to EA’s latest earnings, the publisher is also set to release an “EA HD title”, which could mean a remaster. This has fans hoping for a possible Mass Effect triology remaster.
For more on this news find it here in EA Play Digital Event Going Ahead This June.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
- This week Artplay the developer behind the igavania title Bloodstained Ritual of the Night released a Randomizer mode and playable character Zangetsu on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Nintendo Switch will receive the update later this May or early June according to the official Twitter account.
- This means you will get to play through Bloodstained again with some more options but there is a requirement for choosing to play as Zangetsu.
- Once players have completed a playthrough and received the “Good Ending” they can play as Zangetsu. He works a little differently from Miriam as he does not have access to Shard abilities, but has a sword and some special abilities that use MP.
- There is also the addition of the Randomizer mode. This allows players to adjust 8 different parameters that will provide a fresh experience to gameplay, adjusting anything from how items drop to the overall goal of your playthrough.
For more on this news find it here in Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Randomizer And Zangetsu Modes Release May.
- CD Projekt Red have been teasing that an event called “Night City Wire” will be happening on June 11th for Cyberpunk 2077. So far details are rather vague, having no information at the moment of what Night City Wire is, but what we do know is according to CD Projekt global community lead Marcin Momot “Stuff will be shown!”.
- It could mean we are getting a closer look at the Night City, one of the locations in Cyberpunk 2077, but hopefully it means some gameplay or other exciting news.
- Despite the change to usual events next month, June is shaping up to be one exciting month. Are you hyped to see more Cyberpunk 2077?
For more on this news find it here in CD Projekt Red Teases Cyberpunk 2077 Event This June.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
- The turn-based RPG Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be coming to the west when the Xbox Series X launches in the holidays 2020.
- During Inside Xbox’s livestream, Yakuza: Like A Dragon was announced to be releasing internationally along with the launch for Xbox Series X. It has been named as a Day 1 launch title, meaning it will be available the same day as the console launches, as well as Xbox One and PC.
- It also uses the Smart Delivery system, which means if you purchase the title on Xbox One, you can upgrade to the Series X version without costing you anything.
- The new trailer shown for Yakuza: Like a Dragon outlines the story and shows some of the gameplay.
- This entry in the Yakuza franchise also changes up the usual beat ’em up combat by adding a turn-based RPG system. It’s designed as a soft reboot, inviting new fans into the series.
For more on this news find it in Yakuza: Like A Dragon Comes To The West With Xbox Series X Launch.
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
- During the livestream for the Inside Xbox event, the RPG Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 got a new trailer confirming it would indeed be coming to Xbox Series X.
- This trailer titled “Come Dance” is definitely much darker than previously shown footage, showing a disturbing opening scene of dead bodies being strung up like puppets, performing in some sort pretty morbid show to the tune of “Danke Schoen”.
- But it also shows more of the nightlife scene, and what happens when someone gets bitten. The whole trailer has a dark sense of humour and showcases some supernatural abilities.
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 will be coming to Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC via Paradox Store, Steam, GOG, Epic as well as Playstation 4 sometime in 2020.
For more on this news Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 Coming To Xbox Series X.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: