Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Remnant From the Ashes: Swamps of Corsus DLC
- This week was the launch of the DLC for Remnant From the Ashes Swamps of Corsus.
- This DLC adds a new Survival Mode, Corsus Adventure and new armor skins.
- Survival mode is a new roguelite gameplay feature where players will take on the Labyrinth with just a repeater pistol and some scrap that can be used to buy equipment.
- Separate from the release of the DLC is a free campaign update for all. This update adds new dungeons, enemies, bosses and rewards.
- To find out more about Swamps of Corsus be sure to read/watch our Remnant From The Ashes: Swamps Of Corsus DLC Overview.
- Remnant From the Ashes: Swamps of Corsus DLC is available for $9.99 on PC via Steam, and on June 4th for Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
For more about Swamps of Corsus be sure to check out Remnant From The Ashes: Swamps Of Corsus DLC Overview.
- Cryptic Studios have been sharing a series of posts which dives into more detail about the upcoming ARPG based on the Magic: The Gathering universe called Magic: Legends.
- One of the interesting takeaways from their recent post is about Realms. The Realms system is suppose to reflect the player’s character growth as well as provide a deeper feel to the fantasy of being a planeswalker.
- In this Realm, the players has “control over an entire realm of their own that they can build upon and upgrade as their power grows”.
- Magic Legends is a fast-action paced RPG, using the Magic: The Gathering card system to provide spells for your character at random. If you want to know what we thought of the game after trying the demo for Beastcaller and Geomancer classes, be sure to check out next Magic: Legends Hands-On Impressions.
- Magic: Legends will be released for PC in 2020, as well as Xbox One and Playstation 4 in 2021.
For more on this news find it here in Magic: Legends Will Feature Player-Controlled Realms.
PC Gaming Show 2020
- Many events have been cancelled due to the current situation, but the PC Gaming Show will be going ahead on June 6th.
- The PC Gaming Show will be hosting announcements from the likes of Intel, Epic Games Store, Tripwire Interactive Frontier, Merge, Humble Bundle, Guerrilla Collective and Perfect World.
- The digital format will be similar to that of last year’s show, meaning trailers, announcements and talks with developers.
- The PC Gaming Show showcase will be livestreamed on Twitch as well as other platforms on June 6th.
For more on this news find it here in PC Gaming Show 2020 Happening June 6th.
- Fallout 76 has had a number of additions to the game since it’s launch, including Wastelanders free update which added human NPCs to the game and now they are planning to add some furry companions.
- In a Reddit AMA with project lead Jeff Gardiner and lead designer Ferret Baudoin, they revealed some new features that will be making their way to the game. One of those new features will be pet companions.
- In past renditions of Fallout, players also got to have pets as companions. It looks like they will be making a return in the online title.
- Another feature highlighted in the AMA was the Mole Miner NPC, a fan-favourite will be joining the game this May. Bethesda has also teased the arrival of The Brotherhood of Steel.
For more on this news find it here in Bethesda Wants To Add Pets To Fallout 76.
- Disco Elysium the quirky detective RPG has launched on Mac this week.
- The developer ZA/UM has announced the news, along with a new trailer celebrating its release. But the developer won’t be stopping there, as they are working to bring their award-winning title to other platforms which includes Playstation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- Previously ZA/UM shared that the port for Switch would “happen soon” but have yet to pin down a date. But it’s good news that they will be bringing this isometric RPG to more platforms.
- If you want to know what we thought of this title be sure to read/watch our Disco Elysium Review: Dark Humor Goes Detective.
For more on this news find it here in Disco Elysium Now Available On Mac.
- The Nintendo Switch port for Indivisible has mysteriously shown up on the Nintendo eShop this week, surprising not only fans but the developer as well.
- Lab Zero Games the studio behind Indivisible first found out their game had launched on the Switch from tweets from fans sharing the news.
- Mike Zaimont shared a few explanations for the launch, expressing that it was news to the developer and that the current version available on the eShop, is the old build for the game. The Switch version currently is missing a few features including the co-op multiplayer for battles and New Game+ Mode.
- According to Zaimont the port is suppose to gain a day one patch but for some reason hasn’t released yet and doesn’t reflect the “quality standards of Lab Zero”.
- But the good news is it’s finally on the Switch and is 20% off, so you can grab the 2D platformer with action combat at a great price.
- Indivisble is now available on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Indivisible Gets A Surprise Release On Nintendo Switch.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
- Capcom have announced that the upcoming fourth free title update release date has been pushed back.
- In a post on the official Monster Hunter Twitter account, Capcom have announced that due to COVID-19, the title update has been affected and will be postponed.
- No new release date has been shared so far. The post goes on to detail the voice production issues which have also been affected for Italian, Spanish, and French language versions.
- The fourth title update is meant to add the “Blazing Black Dragon” Alatreon to Iceborne, but this will be delayed until further notice. A new roadmap has been shared outlining the future updates including the addition of Arch-Tempered Namielle in May.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’s Next Title Update Has Been Delayed.
Alaloth – Champions of the Four Kingdoms
- This week a new gamplay video has been released for upcoming ARPG Alaloth – Champions of the Four Kingdoms. The video showcases its skill-based combat, race-specific skills, fighting style, house, alignment, deity and character customisation.
- Alaloth is inspired by classics such as Baldur’s Gate and Pillars of Eternity. The ARPG is set in a rich fantasy world, in the Middle Ages and offers a fast-paced action experience with enriched narrative.
- The game features a challenging combat system, customisable characters from Ways of Power to Class. There is also an explorable world, craftable items, reputation and unlockable quests.
For more on this news find it here in Alaloth CRPG Gets New Gameplay Video Featuring Skill-Based Combat.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Also this week was the reveal of the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Set in England during the Viking invasion versus the Anglo Saxons.
- A trailer premiered showing the title in all it’s glory, showcasing bloody and violent battle, complete with axe throwing.
- The official website also went live sharing that the story will follow protagonist Eivor. Other features revealed include leading raids, advanced RPG mechanics and settlements which are customisable.
- The action combat includes dual-wielding axes, swords and shields. The trailer even showcases the hidden blade, just another trick up your sleeve in close quarter situations.
- What’s also exciting it the open-world experience that will immerse players in not only battles, but hunting, fishing, dice and a drinking game or two.
- You can even try your hand at flyting, a sort of verbal Viking rap battle to devastate your rivals with words.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release in the holidays 2020 on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Playstation 5, Playstation 4, Stadia and PC.
For more on this news find it here in Ubisoft Announces Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: